Friday, April 1, 2011

YJ Draiman files papers running for Mayor of Los Angeles - 2013 – Press release


Draiman files papers running for Mayor of Los Angeles - 2013 – Press release

Motivated by the desire to serve the Los Angeles community and to hold City Hall accountable for it’s actions, I have decided the best way to accomplish my goal is to run for and become the next Mayor of Los Angeles As Mayor, it would be my duty and goal to not just protect the quality of life in Los Angeles, but to improve it.  More importantly, as Mayor I intend to protect and improve the quality of life for ALL the people of Los Angeles, not just a select few.

The most consistent complaint I heard from some residents of Los Angeles when I ran for City Council was that no one knows what City Hall is doing anymore. The good of the common people seems to have been lost in the process.  City Hall has become self-serving with little or no accountability, which is why I have adopted and will instill a policy of "transparency and accountability" in City Hall.  A government "for the people" must be held accountable by the people. 

One of my biggest goals would be to make City Hall account for every single cent spent. Some of my more specific goals are balancing the budget, encouraging economic vitality, preserving and improving the City infrastructure, protecting the quality of our neighborhoods, supporting our open space and bicycle trails programs, working with the Neighborhood Councils and the Chamber to encourage local, innovative green businesses, and proper Urban Planning for Los Angeles, among others.

Without question some will raise the issue of my not being a politician.   Quite honestly, I am proud not to be another well-polished, slick-oiled career politician.  At this junction of difficult times for most, I do not believe the people of Los Angeles would best be served by yet another politician.  What is needed is a Mayor who truly understands the needs of the common people.  What is needed is a Mayor willing to put City Hall in a glass building for all to watch while working diligently to serve the interests of the common people and not just the interests of a select few.

While I am not a politician, I am proud to state I am a family man. I am married to a darling wife for over 40 years, we have two grown children – my oldest son is David Draiman a famous Rock Star with a Band by the name Disturbed, my younger son Benjamin Draiman is a Psychologist doing research and playing music.

Current Elected Member of the Northridge East Community Council 

I am currently working on my PHD in Energy Conservation.

A dedicated family man with an extensive business background including but not limited to mechanical engineer, healthcare administrator, real estate developer with neighborhood gentrification, project manager of a major 5 star hotel construction,  operator of a chain of retail electronic stores, reseller of deregulated energy sources,  energy efficiency implementation, utility audits and consulting services.   

I have over 25 years experience in energy efficiency. I am a strong proponent of Energy Independence.

I am looking forward to being elected and serving the people of the City of Los Angeles.
We must work together as a cohesive force to improve our city.
“Transparency and accountability is my motto”

Draiman for Mayor of Los Angeles   -  www.draimanformayor.net


“A vote for DRAIMAN is a vote for you”

No comments:

Post a Comment